POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM ASSISTANT-VOLUNTEER
The Salvation Army
PURPOSE/GOAL OF POSITION:
To support the Salvation Army volunteer Programs by assisting with program capacity-building including recruitment, screening, training, and supporting of volunteers
1. MUST HAVE A STRONG ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
2. MUST BE ABLE TO THINK OUTSIDE-OF-THE-BOX AND CONTRIBUTE CREATIVE IDEAS FOR WORKING WITH VOLUNTEERS
3. MUST BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AS REQUIRED AND APPROPRIATE
4. BILINGUAL STRONGLY PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
1. ASSIST WITH OUTREACH TO RECRUIT NEW VOLUNTEERS, INCLUDING CREATING ONLINE AND SOCIAL MEDIA POSTINGS, TABLING AT COMMUNITY EVENTS AND VOLUNTEER FAIRS, AND CREATING NEW CORPORATE AND EDUCATIONAL PARTNERSHIPS
2. ASSIST WITH SCREENING VOLUNTEERS, INCLUDING DEVELOPING VOLUNTEER FILES, MAKING REFERENCE CALLS, AND ASSISTING WITH VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS
3. ASSIST WITH PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF VOLUNTEER PROGRAM GATHERINGS, INCLUDING GROUP PROJECTS AND VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION EVENTS
LENGTH (MONTHS): Ongoing
# DAYS PER WEEK: Negotiable
# HOURS PER DAY: Approximately 10-15 hours per week
About The Salvation Army
1824 W 15th Street, P.O. Box 540, Panama City, FL 32401, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is motivated by the love of God to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Point of need services provided by the Family Assistance Office includes emergency food and clothing distribution.
Individuals and families are provided with food and articles of clothing based on need and situation. Homeless individuals without the means to cook are given ready-made food. Clothing articles are distributed based on seasonal weather changes or life changes, such as the release of an individual from incarceration. Clients are interviewed to assess whether their need is chronic and referrals to other available programs of The Salvation Army or the community is indicated.
Family Assistance also provides qualified individuals and families assistance in securing permanent residence. Furniture and household goods are supplied as needed and available. The Salvation Army provides rent and utility assistance as a part of the case management process.