Description:Sustainable Lakewood seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts.
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories to networks throughout the neighborhoods of NPU-Y and the City of Atlanta;
- Generate interest and promote the projects of Sustainable Lakewood;
- Reach out to community organizations, general public, residents, and donors with the message about Sustainable Lakewood's mission;
- Assist in implementing social media strategy;
- Master's Degree of Senior level bachlor's degree with 2 years related work experience in a related field;
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space;
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet research;
- An effective communicator, both written and oral;
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with the press and community contacts;
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Sustainable Lakewood;
This is currently and unpaid internship.
- Assumes responsibility for doing assigned work and meeting deadlines;
- Completes assigned work on or before deadlines in accordance with directives and procedures.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Copywriting / Copyediting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hours per week for 10-14 weeks in Summer
- Web design and administration a plus