Bring comfort and happiness with your pet
8 people are interested
Pets. We may not always understand them, but we always love them - mostly for their silliness, loyalty, and overall comforting presence. We love them because they bring happiness into our lives and help us get through each day.
The presence of a friendly animal like a dog or cat, if only for a few minutes, can lift some of the strain on patients and families who are going through a difficult time. Those few minutes can sometimes go a long way. These support animals can:
- Reduced stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Anxiety relief
- Offer comfort, companionship, and confidence
We are currently looking for pet companionship or therapy teams (i.e. Pet Partners, Therapy Dogs International) to join our program. All pets must be up-to-date with all of their shots and vaccinations.
Contact us today at 330-899-9100 and ask to speak to a Volunteer Manager for more information.
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
We'll work with your schedule.
Stark CountyPrivate Homes, Assisted Living, Nursing FacilitiesVolunteer in your community!Canton, OH 44702
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 45 minutes per week