Our food pantry gives food to 3,100 people every month. It takes tens of thousands of grocery bags to meet monthly demand and we are in constant need of bag donations.
CUMAC is recruiting bag collection coordinators. As a bag collector,your job would be to:
1. Collect bags
- From your home pantry
- From neighbors
- Set up bins at school, work or in your religious home
- Ask your local grocery store (we can provide a letter of introduction!)
- With your boy scout or girl scout troop
- Post to social media and email your network asking them to bring bags to your home
- Anywhere else you can!
- It’s a big help on your end if you toss any bags that are ripped, dirty or smaller than a grocery bag (ie: newspaper bags, baggies, 7-11 bags)
- (Sending our trucks out requires a lot of money, please understand that we can only afford to pick up very large collections that are within our usual route)
CUMAC would be happy to write a letter of acknowledgement for your service, just ask!
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Helpful if you can drop bags off.