Veteran to Veteran Volunteer
4 people are interested
There’s an old adage that says to truly understand someone, you have to walk in his shoes. We have found that veterans who volunteer for hospice bring a unique perspective that helps them relate to hospice patients who are also Veterans.
We identify patients who are Veterans and pair them with Veteran volunteers to allow the strength of their common bond of service to our nation enhance their quality of life at its end.
We want to recognize the sacrifices that many of our patients have made in serving their country. In doing so, we have created a Veterans Recognition Program to acknowledge our Veteran patients by providing certificates and honorary presentations. Many of these ceremonies take place around Veterans Day throughout Northeast Ohio.
If you are a veteran and would enjoy visiting with a hospice patient, please contact us to today at 330-899-9100 and request to speak with a Volunteer Manager.
About Crossroads Hospice- NEO
3743 Boettler Oaks Drive, Suite E, Green, OH 44685, US
Crossroads is committed to being at the forefront of the hospice care industry, to continually shape the way palliative and hospice care are viewed and administered...so that everyone can expect more. The Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care brand promise: *Crossroads offers more to elevate the end-of-life experience in very unique ways. *Expect highly attentive, hands-on care. We are always there for you before, during and after the need for palliative and hospice care.
We ask our patients to "Expect More" from us with one-of-a-kind programs like:
- Gift of a Day: Patients are asked, "If you had one day to live, what would you want it to look like?" Our staff, volunteers, and local businesses work together to bring these heart-warming "Gifts" to life.
- Evenmore Care: We have lower-than-average patient-to-staff ratio that allow us to see patients virtually every day. More patient contact means we can identify an increased or sudden decline and initiate our Watch Program
- Watch Program: Patients are closely monitored through multiple daily visits to better recognize when passing may be imminent, at which point we exhaust every effort to be by their side.
- Veteran Program: Honoring patients who served in the military to protect our country. Staff and Volunteers are educated and trained in caring for veterans at the end-of-life.
- Grief Recovery Program: A special 12 week program, led by our bereavement counselors, helps participants effectively cope with the pain caused by loss
- Same day admissions, we do the work for you!
- Staffed with our own employees 24/7
- Attended deaths are consistently well above national average
- DNR status not required to receive care
We'll work with your schedule.
Stark CountyPrivate Homes, Assisted Living, Nursing FacilitiesVolunteer in your community!Canton, OH 44702
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 45 minutes per week