For all the cooks! We are making free meals for kids and teens in need as part of our summer meals program. Help prepare the meals in HIP's kitchen at Lake City Presbyterian Church. Appropriate for volunteers ages 8 and up.
2- 3 hours per prep shift (most volunteers choose to attend one prep shift weekly)
There are four different food prep shifts to choose from:
Mondays: 9 am - 12 pm
Mondays: 5 pm - 7 pm
Wednesdays: 9 am - 12 pm
And if you don't like to work with food, that's ok. We always need a hand with the dishes!
We will be having oreintation sessions in June, before the start of summer meals. If you are interested we ask that you attend one
Monday, June 13 th, 6-7 pm
Tuesday, June 21st, 12-1pm
Wednesday, June 29 th, 6-7pm
or, contact Ty (Ty@hungerintervention.org) to arrange an alternate training date/time
Visit our Website for more details: http://hungerintervention.org/volunteering/
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 8
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per shift
- Food Handler's Card
- Serve a Healthy Meal to Seniors...
- Help Lead Kids in Sports or Games
- Drivers Needed for Summer Meals...
- Monday Dishwashers Needed -...
- Help serve food and lead...
- Volunteer dishwashers have the...
- Make Food for Summer Meals for...
- Urban Gardener
- Photographers Wanted - Various...
- Become a Summer Fun Activity...