For all the cooks! We are making free meals for kids and teens in need as part of our summer meals program. Help prepare the meals in HIP's kitchen at Lake City Presbyterian Church. Appropriate for volunteers ages 8 and up.
2- 3 hours per prep shift (most volunteers choose to attend one prep shift weekly)
There are four different food prep shifts to choose from:
Mondays: 9 am - 12 pm
Mondays: 5 pm - 7 pm
Wednesdays: 9 am - 12 pm
And if you don't like to work with food, that's ok. We always need a hand with the dishes!
We will be having oreintation sessions in June, before the start of summer meals. If you are interested we ask that you attend one
Monday, June 13 th, 6-7 pm
Tuesday, June 21st, 12-1pm
Wednesday, June 29 th, 6-7pm
or, contact Ty (Ty@hungerintervention.org) to arrange an alternate training date/time
Visit our Website for more details: http://hungerintervention.org/volunteering/
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 8
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per shift
- Food Handler's Card
- Help Lead Kids in Sports or Games
- Monday Dishwashers Needed -...
- Two Days of Fun Summer Meal Food...
- Volunteer dishwashers have the...
- Photographers Wanted - Various...
- World Dance Party Volunteer
- Become a Summer Fun Activity...
- Serve a Healthy Meal to Seniors...
- Drivers Needed for Summer Meals...
- Help serve food and lead...
- Make Food for Summer Meals for...
- Senior Meals Greeter Needed -...
- Urban Gardener
- Help Teach Cooking & Nutrition...
- Cooking & Nutrition Class...