Share what you're passionate about with adults with disabilities
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
18 people are interested
Do you have a gift for gardening? Do you want to share your love of cooking? Have you mastered writing a resume and wish to teach others to do the same? The Arc Jacksonville is seeking volunteers like you to share their passions and knowledge with our community in order to help adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities reach their full potential. Whatever your talents are, The Arc Jacksonville will find the perfect experience for you. Volunteer today!
Some examples of skills we are looking for people to share:
- Fitness and recreation (Zumba, yoga, lead a football game)
- Independent life skills (cooking, taking public transporation, money management, hygeine)
- General life skills (foreign languages, American sign language, typing, job skills)
- Music (line dancing, square dancing, performing with your band or choral group)
- Art (photography, painting, pottery, crafts)
The Arc Jacksonville Village is an affordable, independent-living, apartment-style neighborhood designed to maximize community inclusion for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
At The Arc Jacksonville Village, residents realize their potential to live full, meaningful, inclusive and independent lives. The Arc Jacksonville Village lifestyle encourages independent living, socializing and sharing among community members AND promotes community engagement to enjoy the educational, employment and recreational opportunities found throughout the thriving metropolitan Jacksonville area.
We'll work with your schedule.
3675 Kirbo WayJacksonville, FL 32224
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time is flexible based on volunteer's availability.
- Must be able to pass background screenings, HIPAA certification, and attend an orientation.