Do you love food? Do you love having fun?
Do something great with your summer. Hunger Intervention Program (HIP) is looking for volunteers to assist with our summer meals program weekdays at our five meal sites in Lake City/ Southeast Shoreline area. We are in need of volunteers to serve food and help lead activities at our meals sites. Activities could include games, arts & crafts, reading, and more.
Lake City Court apartments, 12536 33rd Ave NE (12 - 1:30 pm & 3 - 3:30 pm)
Lake City Community Center, 12531 28th Ave NE (12 - 1 pm & 3-3:30pm)
Cedarvale Apartments, 11050 8th Ave NE (12 - 1 pm)
Jackson Park Apartments, 14396 30th Ave NE, 98125 (12-1pm and 3:15-3;45)
Paramount School Park, 15298 8th Ave NE, Shoreline (12-1pm)
When? The sites are open every Monday through Friday (see above for times at each site). Volunteers who can commit to once a week are appreciated but we can also use volunteers that are available more sporadically.
Why? It's fun! With a 2-hour commitment per day, you can provide fun, enriching activities while also making sure no kid goes hungry.
Visit our Website for more details: http://hungerintervention.org/volunteering/
- General Education
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- We request volunteers commit to one shift/week
- Serve a Healthy Meal to Seniors...
- Help Lead Kids in Sports or Games
- Drivers Needed for Summer Meals...
- Monday Dishwashers Needed -...
- Two Days of Fun Summer Meal Food...
- Help serve food and lead...
- Volunteer dishwashers have the...
- Make Food for Summer Meals for...
- Urban Gardener
- Photographers Wanted - Various...
- Cooking & Nutrition Class...
- Become a Summer Fun Activity...