Tempe Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a network of volunteers united by the desire to help each other live a full life in their homes and in their communities. TNHN provides just a little help for those neighbors who want to "age in place" in their own homes.
Volunteers are asked to help a minimum of 2 hours a month in order to support a neighbor's desire to stay active, independent and to live in their own homes.
How Volunteers Can Help!
- Rides to doctor appointments, grocery shopping etc.
- Make friendly visits to chat, play cards, read to them, etc.
- Make check-in phone calls
- Doing light home maintenance - change lightbulbs/filters, do minor repairs
- Dog walking
- Help with technology - computers, TV's, remotes, phones
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two Hours Per Month
- Must enjoy working with senior citizens