Tempe Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a network of volunteers united by the desire to help older adults live a full life in their homes and communities. We provide support and companionship for those neighbors who want to age in their own homes. Volunteers are asked to help for a minimum of 2 hours a month and are encouraged to do more if they are able.
How Volunteers Can Help...
- Give rides to doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc.
- Make friendly visits to tell stories, play cards, go for walks, etc.
- Make check-in phone calls
- Do light home maintenance - change lightbulbs/filters, do minor repairs
- Walk dogs and other animal care
- Help with technology - computers, TV's, remotes, phones, etc.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two Hours Per Month MIN (No Max)
- Must enjoy working with senior citizens