The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to linking the strengths of arts and business for the mutual benefit of both. The A&BC builds arts and business partnerships that enhance the management capacity of over 300 arts organizations in metro Chicago each year, while developing the leadership capabilities of business professionals through effective volunteerism.
A&BC is looking for an intern who can work independently and who is interested in arts management. Interns are trusted to manage their project(s) and workload. We have flexibility in the type of project interns can pursue based on the individual’s interests.
The intern position will provide administrative assistance to the Programs department.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the creation and updating of program documents and materials
- Assist in compiling data for program implementation, tracking and grants
- Help with database management and event registration
- Create program surveys for tracking and evaluation
- Assist in gathering and analyzing social media data
- Research learning opportunities for arts clients
- Provide general administrative tasks, as needed
- Special projects based on intern's interests
- Pursuing a liberal arts degree or a recent graduate, an interest in arts administration or a business major a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and database programs
- Ability to work well independently
Schedule: Flexible - 20 hrs/wk
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts Administration
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20-25 hours/week