The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to linking the strengths of arts and business for the mutual benefit of both. The A&BC builds arts and business partnerships that enhance the management capacity of over 300 arts organizations in the Chicagoland area each year, while developing the leadership capabilities of business professionals through effective volunteerism.
The Program Department oversees the key components of A&BC’s mission. This volunteer internship will assist in all aspects of planning and managing such programs as Business Volunteers for the Arts, our pro bono management consulting program; On BOARD, our program to train professionals to be effective members of arts and cultural boards; our Lab series; and our newly launched Membership Program.
Interns gain exposure to established leaders in both the arts and business sectors while developing a thorough understanding of arts organizations at the administrative level. They have the opportunity to design his/her internship based on his/her interests and in alignment with departmental needs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and updating of program documents and materials
- Attending and documenting meetings with arts clients
- Assisting in compiling data for program implementation, tracking, evaluation, and grants
- Using program evaluations to develop new strategies for growth, retention, and recruitment
- Assisting in gathering and analyzing social media data
- Helping with database management and event registration
- Creating program surveys for tracking and evaluation
- Assisting with event planning and management
- Tracking and managing new and active members
- Cultivating new partnerships with organizations and businesses to add to member benefits
- Researching learning opportunities for arts clients
- Providing general administrative tasks
- Special projects based on interests and skills
- Pursuing a liberal arts degree or a recent graduate, an interest in arts administration or a business major a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, and Squarespace a plus
- A background in developing brand awareness through social media
- Ability to prioritize urgent and important tasks, flexible and adaptable, receptive to feedback, thrive in a co-working environment
- Strong communication skills, energy and confidence for outreach by phone to both warm and cold contacts
- Ability to work well independently
Schedule: Flexible - 20 hrs/wk
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts Administration
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours/week