Presidio Trust Volunteer Opportunity
ART IN THE PARK DOCENT
The Presidio Trust is seeking volunteers who are passionate about art, nature, and sharing knowledge of the Presidio with others. Volunteer Art Docents welcome the public to explore and enjoy the Presidio through the artist lens. The Presidio hosts the largest collection of world-renowned sculpture Andy Goldsworthy, and showcases a variety of temporary, site-based art exhibitions. Art Docents lead or co-lead tours, support art-related public programming, as well as provide visitors with basic park information to support their enjoyment of the Presidio. Training to take place Wednesday evenings and weekend days for six sessions starting in mid-October and we ask for a 1-year commitment.
Docents will be provided with a series of initial training sessions with opportunities for further learning throughout their volunteer position. Training will be provided by the Presidio Trust and various partners. The training program covers a range of subjects including Presidio history, general Presidio information, touring techniques, guided walks, videos, background reading, field trips, shuttle tours, and other activities. Resource materials will be provided.
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge of the Presidio and its art through physical movement and public interaction
- Represent the Presidio by helping local, national and international visitors develop a better understanding and enjoyment of the park
- Improve your health by being active
- Make new friends and join a team who share similar interests
- Support your national park.
- Attend docent gatherings where volunteers will have the opportunity to socialize with other docents and learn more about the park and its vast array of resources for public use
- Be part of a growing volunteer community dedicated to stewarding the Presidio and making it a welcoming place for park visitors
- Public Speaking
- Basic Computer Skills
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Attend a minimum of 6 training sessions