Avalon Hospice provides end of life care and support to patients with terminal illness. Provide extra support to our patients through companionship and being present with them or engaging them in activities they enjoy. Respite relief is another way to provide support to patients and families. Many hospice patients live at home with a family member providing 24/7 care. Taking a few hours to spend time with the patient to give the family member a time of rest makes a huge difference and provides them with the hope and support they need to continue providing care for the patient. We service patients in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and home settings as well as hospitals. We do not require our volunteers to go into the hospitals unless a patient they have been visiting goes there and they want to visit them in the hospital. But, our volunteers do get to form unique and meaningful relationships with their assigned patient that will make a difference in both their lives. Do NOT apply for this if you want to just see someone once or twice and then move on, this volunteer program provides lasting friendships and relationships! Come see what all the fun is about!!!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Determined by the volunteer
- Teachers! Does your class need a...
- Give Back to those you Honor
- Honor those who have served!
- In Home Patient Companion...
- Compassionate Callers Needed NOW!
- Teen Volunteers Wanted!
- Volunteers Unite and Make A...
- Singers or Musicians wanted for...
- Make a New Friend!
- Sweet Treats for the Elderly
- Love to Cook?
- Office Volunteer Needed ASAP!
- Meals for Shut Ins needed asap!
- Office Volunteers Needed NOW!
- ANY TIME IS VOLUNTEER TIME
- Volunteers To Visit In The Home...
- College Students Need A...
- Giving Back Is Easy - Call to...
- Caring Listeners Needed Now!
- Brighten a hospice patient's day...