The San José Evergreen Community College District is currently accepting applications for volunteer members for the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee.
The Committee is responsible for reviewing expenditures related to the District’s $185,000,000 general obligation bond (Measure G-2004) approved by voters in November 2004, the District’s $268,000,000 general obligation bond (Measure G-2010) approved by voters in November 2010, and the District’s $748,000,000 general obligation bond (Measure X) approved by voters in November 2016.
Based upon the direction given in the By-laws and Citizens’ Bond Oversight Training, the Committee shall:
* Inform the Public. The Committee shall inform the public concerning the District’s expenditure of bond proceeds.
* Review Expenditures. The Committee shall review expenditure reports produced by the District.
* Annual Report. The Committee shall present to the Board, in public session, an annual written report.
The complete CBOC Bylaws can be viewed here.
* To be a qualified person, he/she must be at least 18 years of age
* Members may not include any employee, official of the District or any vendor, contractor or consultant of the District
Meeting Frequency: Four meetings per year
Term: 2-year term (may be eligible for up to three 2-year terms)
Selection Process: Ideal candidates will possess any combination of knowledge in the District, local community(ies), experience in finance/budgeting, community relations and/or local community involvement. The Chancellor’s office will review the applications, select candidates and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees. Members of the Committee are appointed by the Board of Trustees.
How to apply: If you fit the criteria above and have an interest in serving on this committee, please complete the online application below:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2 year term