Cook Dinner for Local Families
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
62 people are interested
About three times a week, Safe & Sound hosts family dinners for up to 40 parents and kids. All dinners take place from about 5 PM - 6 PM and end just in time for guests to attend support groups, workshops, and club meetings offered at Safe & Sound's TALK Line Family Support Center in Haight-Ashbury - 1757 Waller Street, San Francisco, CA 94117. As a family dinner volunteer, you’ll help lessen weeknight stress for families traveling from work and school to get to Safe & Sound programs. Give families a free meal, a night off, and a chance to build a social network - sign up to cook an upcoming family dinner today!
- Rally 2-5 friends, relatives, classmates or co-workers to join your volunteer team.
- Plan a menu and purchase food supplies for 20-40 parents and kids. We will reimburse volunteers up to $75
- Cook your meal at SFCAPC or at an off-site kitchen of your choice - catered meals are also welcome
- Serve your meal, dine with families, and clean up
We'll work with your schedule.
1757 Waller StreetSan Francisco, CA 94117
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 Hours
- Volunteers are expected to purchase all necessary food supplies.