VITAS Healthcare(r) is looking for volunteers who are able to share their time with hospice patients living at home, in the hospital or in long term care facilities. Hospice volunteers give their time to terminally ill patients and their caregivers during a critical time. In orientation classes they are trained in listening skills, family dynamics and the right words to say to patients and their loved ones at the end of life.
Visits made by our volunteers not only help each patient, but the families are truly touched as well. The shortest conversation can have the largest impact. VITAS volunteers provide relief care for caregivers, offer companionship for the patient, run errands and help in other meaningful ways.
This is a great opportunity for you to give back to the community. By taking a small amount of time out of your busy week you can make the biggest difference in another’s life.
VITAS takes pride in its volunteers, and we welcome you to become part of our team. There are many locations throughout the area you can choose from. Your commitment is completely up to you, whether you spend one day a week or one day a month. Your time is always appreciated.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- MSW Interns Needed to Provide...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Feeding Assistant Volunteers
- VITAS Telephone Assurance...
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Be a Calming Presence at the End...
- VITAS Veteran Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers
- Offer Companionship and...