Grantwriter Needed Immediately
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
Grant Writer needed to volunteer at Center for Health Services located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois!
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding volunteer opportunity and potential future career that enriches the lives of children and families this is for you.
Center for Health Services is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for Sickle Cell Anemia, Down Syndrome, Diabetes, and Autism. Center for Health Services is dedicated to and focused on increasing awareness and advocacy for individuals with these disabilities/diseases and their families.
The Grant Writer will Research and write grant proposals and reports in support of agency-wide programs and initiatives.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes grant proposals, reports, and related correspondence for foundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of agency programs and initiatives.
- Researches and compiles background materials for proposals.
- Works with program and finance staff to develop new programs or program enhancements in response to funding opportunities and/or agency needs.
- Assists in collecting outcomes to measure and report on program impact.
- Helps maintain the donor database and grant calendar.
- Supports the Grant Manager in all aspects of private and public fundraising to meet agency goals.
- Assists with special events and other development functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, or related field.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of government grants processes a plus.
*** PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME AND ADD YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER *
We'll work with your schedule.
Northwest Corporate Center2500 W Higgins RdSuite 935Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- As needed