Grantwriter Needed Immediately
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
Grant Writer needed to volunteer at Center for Health Services located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois!
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding volunteer opportunity and potential future career that enriches the lives of children and families this is for you.
Center for Health Services is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for Sickle Cell Anemia, Down Syndrome, Diabetes, and Autism. Center for Health Services is dedicated to and focused on increasing awareness and advocacy for individuals with these disabilities/diseases and their families.
The Grant Writer will Research and write grant proposals and reports in support of agency-wide programs and initiatives.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes grant proposals, reports, and related correspondence for foundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of agency programs and initiatives.
- Researches and compiles background materials for proposals.
- Works with program and finance staff to develop new programs or program enhancements in response to funding opportunities and/or agency needs.
- Assists in collecting outcomes to measure and report on program impact.
- Helps maintain the donor database and grant calendar.
- Supports the Grant Manager in all aspects of private and public fundraising to meet agency goals.
- Assists with special events and other development functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, or related field.
- At least one year of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of government grants processes a plus.
*** PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME AND ADD YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER *
About Center For Health Services
2500 W Higgins Rd, Suite 1131, Northwest Corporate Centre, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169, US
Center for health services believes everyone deserves a better health care and education, our commitment is to improve lives, we provide education, health care support, fund research, increasing awareness and advocate for children and young adults with learning and developmental disabilities and genetic disorders in the area of Autism, Down syndrome, Sickle cell and Diabetes by partnering with parents, families, our schools, health care facilities, our communities and around the world.
Center for health service conference network cover all our programs in the areas of Autism, Down syndrome, Sickle Cell and Diabetes, these are group of Physicians, Health care professionals, Healthcare specialist in our programs, Health care centers, Educators, Clinical researchers, Illinois Health departments in both state and local, the Illinois Department of Public health, patients and their families. These programs help to educate, provide new information for prevention, treatments and cure. Increasing awareness and promote advance research.
Family Educational Conference
We offer educational meetings to help parents find resources. these programs also help parents better establish themselves as advocates for their children and to find cure for Autism, Down syndrome, Sickle Cell and Diabetes. Meetings are facilitated by doctors, specialists, and other professionals in their respective fields. These meetings provide the opportunities for parent to educate themselves, get resources and answers to their questions. The meeting topics include, Medical treatments, IEP / Educational rights of people with disabilities, Insurance maze, educate parents about saving and investments for their children and estate planning. Educate and promote healthy eating, healthy living, fitness and physical activities, it educate family about Hemoglobin disorders and deficiency, Sickle cells, sickle cell trait and Gestational diabetes awareness training. The meetings also provide opportunity for parents support groups in each of our programs.
Center for health services fund advance medical research for all our programs, Autism, Down syndrome, Sickle cell and diabetes, the research that improve health and prevention diseases, early detection, diagnosis and treatment that uses developing or innovative technologies and approaches. We support distinctive laboratory, clinical, behavioral and translational research that breaks new ground and defines scientific excellence.
Speech and Behavior Therapy
Provide early child speech and behavior therapy evaluation resources for children with Autism, Down syndrome, Sickle Cell and Diabetes who needs evaluation, it can be for school purpose or a request for evaluation by healthcare providers. Speech and behavior therapy for children with Autism and Down syndrome is also provided.
We'll work with your schedule.
Northwest Corporate Center2500 W Higgins RdSuite 935Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- As needed