UHHR needs your help to ensure a smooth, successful integration for LGBT refugees and asylum seekers. LGBT refugees and asylum seekers are among the most vulnerable, and reaching a safer country is just the beginning of a better life. By partnering with UHHR, you can help build a community for a newly resettled LGBT refugee or asylum seeker.
One of the main ways you can assist is by volunteering as a mentor for an individual. Mentors are caring individuals who provide cohesive support for the individual during their transition to life in the United States. The mentor aids in the crucial first months of U.S. resettlement by:
- Guiding the individual toward successful integration into the community, including accompaniment and transportation to all required appointments.
- Helping the individual build a social network by introducing her/him to the Salt Lake City Area, including providing an orientation of establishments and services for the local LGBT community.
- Maintaining an open line of communication with UHHR regarding any developments, accomplishments, or issues that arise for the individual.
Volunteering as a mentor will make an immeasurable contribution to both the individual and the wider community. Your commitment is building a better world for LGBT people everywhere, one person at a time.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Mentor for LGBT Refugees and...
- Mentor Refugee Children!
- UHHR/Big Brother Big Sister for...
- English Tutor!
- Help Refugees rebuild their...
- Medication Case Management...
- Transportation Assistant for...
- English Conversation Mentor for...
- Office Manager/Receptionist
- UTA Transportation Mentor for...
- Refugee/new Immigrant Befriender
- Volunteer Driver
- UHHR/ Big Brother Big Sister for...
- Childcare for Refugees