The Bank Teller training is a seven-week program for immigrants and refugees that will take place from January until early March, from 9am-1pm, 3 days per week. The program is meant to prepare students to work as bank tellers following the completion of the training. The course will include classes taught by JVS staff about the banking industry, customer service skills, and interview skills. The JVS-run curriculum will be supplemented by workshops given by our bank partners, TD Bank and Rockland Trust.
The Classroom Assistant will be expected to attend a teacher orientation, student orientation, all or most of the classroom sessions, and the program graduation. The class will consist of significant group work, and the Classroom Assistant will be expected to lead sub-groups.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to learn new information quickly.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and good customer service in the classroom.
- Banking and/or Finance experience (work or educational) preferred.
9am-1pm, 3 days per week, January to early March
Volunteers must be able to participate all three days for 7 weeks.
- Adult Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 hours per week for 7 weeks