Meal volunteers help with supper at Gilda's Club Grand Rapids in the following ways:
- Meal Assistant- Assist with meal preparation & clean-up - typically volunteering from 4-7 pm
- Meal Provider- Providing a part of a meal. (Ex- a salad, dessert, bread) for a particular day. You may drop this off anytime during the week.
- Providing a full meal & service (Ex- A work group decides to have each employee provide a dish to make up a full meal and comes in to serve & clean-up after)
- Provide part of a meal & service (Ex- A group or individual decides to volunteer and brings in the salad for that meal).
Supper time is such an important part of our program; it is a wonderful time for families and friends living with cancer & grief to join together for a meal at the end of a busy day and connect with one another prior to settling in to their evening support group.
We provide supper onMon-Thurs each week for the members who attend our Cancer & Grief Support Groups that evening. Supper begins at 5:15 pm and commences at 6:00 pm. Depending on the evening we have around 30-100 adults & children that attend the meal.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour orientation for individuals
- Groups do not need to complete orientation