During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Come and give our military Heroes a welcome home as they arrive back to the USA after their deployments! Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall airport, receives the highest number of returning veterans at the International terminal several times a week. Its well worth your time to come and experience and participate in the homecoming of our troops. They truly appreciate your kindness.
Call our event line any time after 9 am for up to the minute updates. 410-630-1555. Check out our web page, owhmd.org, and like us on Facebook. Volunteers decorate the area, cheer, clap and shake hands of each servicemember who comes through the International gates. Come witness patriotism in action! Can't make it to Baltimore airport, but want to help?
These are some ways to help -
- organize a collection drive in your local community, church, or children's school, perhaps for Veterans day or military holiday. Snack items needed include: granola bars, protein bars, nuts, snack size chips, snack size cookies, miniature chocolate i.e. M&M, Snickers, Mars bars, and crackers n cheese packages.
- we could use some help with taking pictures for the loved ones who are not able to make it to the airport. We supply the camera and teach you on the job!
- We also love individuals to support us with their talent of singing the National anthem, or Christmas carols over the holidays.
- We also could use some help picking up snack items from various schools after they have their collection drives, or local businesses who are generous with their donations.
- Spreading the word about our organization through your neighborhood newsletters, or having OWHMD listed on your children's volunteer list at school.
This is a perfect opportunity for college credit, or volunteer hours for your student school requirements.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
BWI Airport, 7062 Friendship Road, Baltimore, MD 21240, US
To Meet and greet our Servicemembers at Baltimore International airport as they return home from over sea deployments, and give them a heroes Welcome.
Operation Welcome Home Maryland was founded in 2007, to give our servicemembers a hero's welcome as they return back to US Soil after their dangerous deployments. Over a half million servicemembers have been greeted since then, with the community giving generously with their time, and donations to a snack snack bag filled with snack food items, and a hand written card of appreciation. Baltimore International airport receives the highest number of servicemembers of all airports in the nation. Many do not have family members to greet them since the majority live all over the USA. Check out our web site: www.owhmd.org, and face book page. Keep informed of events, by calling our event line: 410-630-1555.
We'll work with your schedule.
Baltimore Washington International AirportLitchicum, MD 21240
February 17, 2020