Volunteers are essential to the delivery of quality hospice care. The Veteran to Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have identified as Veterans.
What activities can Veteran Volunteers do?
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories.
- Creating Legacy Books with the patient and their families.
- Educate and assist patients in receiving Veteran benefits.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veterans and other recognized events.
- Listening to the patient's favorite music, watching television, etc.
- Assist in replacing lost medals.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training