17 people are interested
Seasons Hospice provides care for veterans who are transitioning to their end-of-life. In order to feel resolution, many of these vets have words that need to be spoken, memories that haunt them, and deep-seated guilt that needs forgiveness. Unfortunately, they will not talk with us about their past. They need another veteran to share their experiences with, someone who will not judge, someone who will truly understand. Your role as a volunteer: Listen, share, and empathize.
Other activities that Veteran Volunteers do (OPTIONAL):
- Creating Legacy Books with the patient and their families.
- Educate and assist patients in receiving Veteran benefits.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veterans and other recognized events.
- Listening to the patient's favorite music, watching television, etc.
- Assist in replacing lost medals.
We'll work with your schedule.
400 Race StreetSuite 101San Jose, CA 95126
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Three hours per month