Mentor2.0 = A Mentoring Program for Busy Professionals!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where417 Taylor StreetJoliet, IL 60435
Mentor2.0 matches students from Joliet Township H.S. with college-educated mentors, and provides them with the support and guidance they need to graduate high school and succeed in college and the workforce.
Mentor-mentee matches get to know each other through an innovative combination of weekly emails (via a secure web-based platform) and monthly group events (during the school-year only) at the student's high school. Read more: http://www.bbbswillgrundy.org/mentor2.0
The academic achievement by economically disadvantaged students is one of our area's greatest needs. Each high school dropout costs the State of Illinois approx. $3,000 a year, for the rest of their lives. (Such a great public cost at a time when economic growth and development, as well as a well-educated workforce, are of paramount importance!)
WHAT DO MENTORS DO?
- Send one weekly email on an interesting topic that Mentor2.0 provides.
- See your mentee once a month for 2 hours at a Mentor2.0 facilitated after-school event at their school from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
- All mentors must be at least 21 years of age and a college graduate.
- Celebrate your mentee's graduation by mentoring them from sophomore year to senior year.
- Commit to sending one weekly email on an interesting topic that Mentor2.0 provides through the Mentor2.0 platform.
- Commit to seeing your mentee once a month for 2 hours at a Mentor2.0 facilitated after-school event at their school from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
SIGNING UP & NEXT STEPS
- Complete the online application. (After submitting the online application, we will contact you to schedule your interview and orientation.)
- We will run a background check. (There is a one-time, tax deductible, $40 processing fee at the time of the interview.)
- Be ready to email and meet your mentee -- as soon as September!
- Chemical Engineering
- System Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Law Enforcement
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 email a week & 1 in-person meeting a month