Provide emergency assistance to people in your community who have been forced from their homes due to fire, flood or other disasters. Work directly with people affected by disaster and help them begin their recovery. Make a difference in the lives of people in your community during the time they need it most.
Choose from a range of specialty tracks including:
Client Casework - Meet with victims of home fires and other disasters to provide them comfort and identify their needs (shelter, food, clothing, health or mental health)
Logistics: Work with material and human resources, helping with supply inventory, & staff/personnel
Mass care support: Bulk distribution, feeding & shelter operations
disaster assessment - travel to scene of disasters (i.e. floods or community-wide disasters) to verify and survey the damage
Disaster Mental Health
Card Activators - trained on specific software to activate client assistance cards - from home
Emergency Response Vehicle drivers (ERV) - must be physically able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs
Local Government Liaison
Flexible on-call scheduling is available. Training is provided free of charge.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Assisting Your Community - WV VOAD
- Disaster Action Teams - ARC
- Disaster Case Managers - WV VOAD
- Fostering Futures - CASA
- Volunteer Services Support Team...
- Disaster Preparedness - ARC
- Food Pantry Support - Madison...
- RSVP of Boone County
- Make a Difference - CASA
- Service to the Armed Forces - ARC
- Disaster Center Assistance - ARC...
- Save a Life - ARC Dis Srvc
- Health and Safety Course...
- Help Others to Continue to Drive...
- Tax Aide Assitance - WV AARP
- Fire Safety Teams, Home Fire...