Train to assist in local, county or state emergency operations centers during disaster. Build resume skills, interact with government officials, gain invaluable experience in critical disaster response decision-making. Volunteers placed in these positions enjoy working with government and community partners, are willing to understand and agree to policy directives, have excellent written and oral communication skills and agree to work long shifts during major disasters as well as engaging locally during center activations, drills, trainings and partner meetings. Time commitment: 2 hours per month- 12 hours shifts during large disaster events.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Assisting Your Community - WV VOAD
- Disaster Action Teams - ARC
- Disaster Case Managers - WV VOAD
- Fostering Futures - CASA
- Volunteer Services Support Team...
- Disaster Preparedness - ARC
- Food Pantry Support - Madison...
- RSVP of Boone County
- Make a Difference - CASA
- Service to the Armed Forces - ARC
- Disaster Center Assistance - ARC...
- Save a Life - ARC Dis Srvc
- Health and Safety Course...
- Help Others to Continue to Drive...
- Tax Aide Assitance - WV AARP
- Fire Safety Teams, Home Fire...