The Urban Rest Stop, a project of the Low Income Housing Institute, provides a clean, safe and dignified place where individuals, families, elders and youth can access restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities free of charge.
- Ensure that the Urban Rest Stop provides a welcoming, clean and safe environment.
- Respect the confidentiality of URS patrons.
- Assist with the maintenance of appointments for laundry and showers. Stock and sort hygiene and cleaning supplies.
- Distribute personal care items as requested and when donations are available.
- Distribute towels and coveralls for parton use.
- Assist with the collection of demographic and facility information.
- Help maintain a high level of facility cleanliness.
Apply today: http://goo.gl/riZ3M5
The Urban Rest Stop is open from 5:30am-9pm Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday
Join the Urban Rest Stop volunteer team! Fill out our online application to start your enrollment as a URS/LIHI volunteer and start changing lives!
We are also starting to accept applications for out new Ballard location that will be opening in late September. Just complete the application and select "Urban Rest Stop - BALLARD" under area of interest.
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week
- 3 month committment
- Administrative Help Needed!
- Looking for a Supportive...
- Administrative Interns or...
- University District: Serve your...
- Lead fun activities for kids and...
- Downtown: Serve your community...
- Homework Club Tutor
- Help our residents get healthy! ...
- Keep Our Seniors Healthy- Teach...
- Assist Homeless Encampment with...
- Work with LIHI residents to find...
- Keep Our Seniors Healthy-...
- Ballard Urban Rest Stop! Support...