Volunteer with Write Around Portland!
73 people are interested
More than 250 people volunteer with Write Around Portland each year. Volunteers facilitate our creative writing workshops, help produce each of our publications and provide event support at community readings. Volunteers also help with the behind-the-scenes tasks that make our workshops, readings and professionally-designed books possible.
We are looking for volunteers who believe in Write Around Portland’s mission, share our values and reflect the full diversity of our community. We are also looking for volunteers who:
*are warm, friendly and have a genuine interest in working with others.
*are committed to working respectfully and compassionately with people with different backgrounds.
*want to be part of an organization where everyone pitches in and where every job--whether making copies or facilitating workshops--makes a difference.
We are especially interested in volunteers who:
*reflect the diversity of our city.
Volunteer opportunities occur in our office in downtown Portland and sometimes at other locations in the Portland Metro area. We are expanding our workshop offerings in Washington County, and we may have additional volunteer opportunities in that area.
Go to our "Get Involved" page: https://writearound.org/get-involved/ and scroll down to the "Volunteer" section to find out more and to fill out the online volunteer application.
Our Diversity Statement
- Diversity is a fundamental part of Write Around Portland’s value system and is essential to our ability to develop and deliver programming that is consistent with and supports our mission to change lives through the power of writing.
- We believe that diversity is a strength that makes our workshops, anthologies and readings rich and reflective of our greater community.
- We are intentional in our recruitment, support and inclusion of diverse people throughout our organization, including board members, staff, volunteers, participants and agency partners.
- We value diversity in all its forms and work to create meaningful and respectful connections among people of different socioeconomic levels, races, ages, ethnicities, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, health statuses, physical and mental abilities, education levels, religions and backgrounds.
- We continually work to cultivate an environment and organizational culture in which all who are involved in our organization feel respected, included and valued. Our commitment to inclusiveness will be evident in our organizational policies and procedures, as part of our strategic plan, within our organizational goals and throughout our programs.
We'll work with your schedule.
133 SW 2nd Ave, Suite 304Portland, OR 97204