Enjoy a delicious catered dinner and rub elbows with 250+ other people passionate about local journalism and local nature. Join our team of volunteers at the Annual Bay Nature Local Hero Awards Dinner on Sunday, March 26, 2017. We are looking for a couple of core event planning committee members to help with tasks such as the following:
- prospect and solicit businesses to be silent auction donors
- get the word out about the event through online marketing
- help assemble a high profile group of Honorary Committee members
The Event Planning Committee meets in Berkeley during the workweek approximately once a month leading up to the event. While not required, it would be wondeful if you could attend and support the committee by attending and participating.
Then on the day of the event, be part of team working to:
- warmly greet guests
- register guests
- help people bid on items at the silent auction
- collect donation forms at guest tables
- pack up forms, materials, signage after the event
In the days following the event, help to thank everyone who played a role in its success.
- Availablity on Sunday, March 27, 2017
- Event experience
- A friendly, welcoming demeanor
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to the local natural environment
- Desired but not required: Knowledge of Bay Nature Institute and Bay Nature magazine.
Application Process: Send us a note about the skills and experiences you could bring to this position to email@example.com.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training