Young Mothers INC is a referral based organization that educates, mentors, nurtures and supports young women by creating opportunities and guiding them to explore new options and grow into confident role models. Young Mothers INC is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization that goes a step further by providing hands on assistance to help young women achieve their positive goals.
The Nonprofit Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate Young Mothers INC’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the executive director, the Nonprofit Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals’
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements
- A successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Raisers Edge and Foundation Center databases
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Fashion Make Up Interns Needed
- Marketing Director Needed ASAP
- Intern your way to Your Dream Job
- Volunteer Opportunity: Blogger...
- Fashion Model Interns Needed
- Fashion Photographer Intern...
- Fashion Design Intern Needed
- Fashion Design Project Needs...
- Healthy Eating Workshop Needs...
- Fashion Social Media Coordinator...
- Plan the Best Parties! Become an...
- Nonprofit Grant Writer Volunteer
- Fashion Design Internship Virtual
- Social Media Coordinator for...
- Event Planner needed asap!
- Social Media Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Design Manager
- Career Workshop Needs...
- Business Outreach Coordinator