The mission of Tidewater Arts Outreach is to uplift the human spirit by bringing live, quality music and arts experiences to people in Hampton Roads who are in homes, hospitals, shelters, facilities and dependent care programs or otherwise are isolated from society.
Reports to: Volunteer Program Director
Hours: 2-4 hours per week - flexible according to availability. Can be on as needed or until specific project is complete.
Tidewater Arts Outreach (TAO) is seeking a dedicated, skilled volunteer to:
1- Shoot video and/or take still photos for specific interviews with Artists, Musicians, and community members who are directly impacted by our arts programming. Video interviews will be performed at our Norfolk office or at a specific locations, with a staff member present. Individuals being videotaped/photographed will include special-needs clients, the artists providing the programs, and staff at care facilities where the programs are being presented.
2- Photograph and/or interview specific pieces of art placed in the community as part of past initiatives such as, Art Connection Hampton Roads.
- Operate a video camera & tripod to film footage at programs (or a still photo DSLR camera). TAO can provide a small, simple video camera (standard resolution) and a small tripod. If the volunteer has access to video camera of better quality. Provide footage to TAO within timely manner.
- Possess strong people skills for tactfully interacting with artists facility staff, and program participants.
- Work with Volunteer Director and TAO Creative Director to obtain signatures on TAO’s Release Form in compliance with HIPPA regulations (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience shooting video and/or still photos
- Strong people skills, empathy and patience when working with special needs program participants
- Organizational and time management skills, and ability to work independently
- Video editing capability isn’t required but would be welcome and helpful
Applicant must supply a copy of current driver’s license or Government issued ID for identification purposes, all Volunteers are subject to a background check. The selected volunteer must have his or her own transportation/vehicle.
Applicants accepted on an ongoing basis. Please submit Volunteer Application, resume, cover letter along with your availability to: Volunteers@TidewaterArtsOutreach.org.
- Adult Education
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 hrs/month
- Video equipment preferred. Basic Editing Experience = Wonderful!