Volunteer and become part of one of our many community projects in India. Our projects include Teaching Projects, IT Teaching, Childcare Projects, After school programmes/Summer camps, Renovation of local institutions, Community Health and Women's Empowerment Programmes.
You can join for 2 weeks up to 12 weeks all year round and we have places all throughout 2014 available.
- Raise awareness for the regular need for schooling and help support local teaching assistants.
- The most commonly requested subject is teaching English as a foreign language, however volunteers are also welcome to teach math, science, geography or other subjects covered by the curriculum
- Those with a professional interest in teaching have a chance to hone their skills in a different environment
- Learning IT skills is becoming increasingly important to enable students' to obtain further education and employment opportunities.
- Teach to a range of students from primary age to adults.
- Teach basic skills or more complex skills such as spreadsheets.
- Work alongside the ICDS (Integrated Child Development Service) scheme, which is a government initiative addressing early childhood development, health and malnutrition in India.
- Along with local staff you will be responsible for providing a safe, hygienic environment for children to play and learn, play games and develop arts activities designed to enhance motor skills and encourage creativity.
- Childcare volunteers will also teach children their ABC's and nursery rhymes creating a positive learning environment.
- This project emphasises education and basic care to help integrate street children into mainstream society, with the understanding that the key to their development and academic achievement is improved health and a secure environment
- Work at various shelter homes and contact points providing care, meals, basic literacy, and a safe environment for the children to learn and develop, away from the reality of life on the streets.
- Work with ages 4 - 16
- A great way to work with the children in a less formal setting
- Assist with children's growth and development, allowing them to learn and express themselves in relaxed environments
- Very hands on experience and great way to get to know the community
- Assist in creating bright and cheerful learning spaces in village day care centres and schools
- Construction volunteers will conduct renovations such as painting, design, clearing debris and basic DIY
- Work with women and children, delivering health awareness education on basic first aid, sanitation and nutrition - at different stages of development including pregnancy
- Make community health visits, and with the assistance of local child care centres, ensure that children are up to date with vaccinations
- Deliver health awareness training through small independent projects and give short talks to partner institutions.
- Empower rural communities and help them acquire the knowledge required to make important health decisions.
- Education is the most influential tool to raise the status of women and this project aims to run a variety of educational and confidence building activities to benefit women and adolescent girls in the local community.
- English teaching and computer classes impart much needed skills to women, increase their self-worth and offer a platform for social interaction.
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Teach in Cambodia
- Tibetan Teaching Programme
- Kiwi Conservation Volunteer...
- Marine Conservation & Community...
- Nature's Valley Volunteer...
- Galapagos Community &...
- Watamu Turtles, Keyna
- Dharamsala Community Project,...
- Volunteer to Teach in Costa Rica
- Teach English in Rural Thailand
- Bear Tracking Volunteer Project,...
- Dolphin Research Project, Namibia
- Seychelles Island Conservation...
- White Wilderness Wolf Tracking,...
- Big Cat Sanctuary Volunteer...
- Cloud Forest Conservation &...
- Caribbean Reef Buddy Diving...
- Sea Search Africa
- Amazon Basin Research &...
- Oregon Nature Conservancy...