94 people are interested
Internship: Marketing Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles
Please visit the new page to apply.
94 people are interested
Be part of the team that gets the word out about Uhuru Furniture a black community-led non-profit economic institution that is making lasting changes to impact on the health, education, human rights and future of the African community.Tasks:
- Participate in weekly and monthly marketing meetings
- Repost volunteer opportunities & follow-up with volunteers
- Create web ads for promotions
- Moderate, post and engage with contacts on multiple social media platforms
- Weekly internet promotions & daily website postings
- Research Philly events and build outreach calendar
- Data entry of contacts into database
- Research and participate in tabling opportunities
- Organize and inventory print materials
- A strong passion for the APEDF mission (www.apedf.org), social justice and economic development by and for the African community
- Be organized, punctual reliable and honest
- Oral and written communication skills
- Have reliable and consistent cell phone for communication as needed
- Hands on marketing experience in a lively positive and innovative environment
- Reference for future employment
- 20% discount on all purchases at Uhuru Furniture
This is an unpaid internship with a commitment of a minimum of 6 months, 10-20 hours per week.
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles - Philadelphia is located at 832 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19130. We hold volunteer orientations every Thursday night from 5-6pm on the second floor of our store. You can come into the store to sign up for the volunteer orientation, or you can call us at 215-546-9616 (x3). You can also check out our blog uhurufurniturephilly.blogspot.com for new items and volunteer projects. We're open 5 days a week from 11am-6pm, every day except Mondays and Tuesdays!
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles is an economic development project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF.org), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. APEDF is lead by and works in the interest of the African working class, to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare and economic development faced by the African community. APEDF welcomes the contributions of everyone who supports these goals.
Through the sale of donated, quality furniture and collectibles, Uhuru Furniture raises much-needed resources to support the programs and institutions of APEDF. As part of the national and international Uhuru Movement, APEDF organizes African people to solve the everyday problems imposed on our community. APEDF has established a farmers market in a food desert in St. Louis MO, created community gardens in many cities, established African marketplaces, and organizing centers as part of the grassroots effort to uplift and mobilize our community.
13 More opportunities with Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles5 Reviews
About Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles
832 N. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19130, US
Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles is a project of the African People's Education and Defense Fund (APEDF). APEDF strives to develop and institutionalize programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development of the African community.
Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles is a non-profit store that is a fundraiser for black community empowerment programs of APEDF. We receive a truck load of donated furniture and household items every day. This is a lively, popular Philadelphia store staffed mostly by volunteers. When you volunteer at Uhuru Furniture, you not only contribute to the success of the store, you become part of a larger movement for peace through social justice. People shop at Uhuru Furniture for low priced, top quality items and to support crucial programs for social justice for African people.
832 N. Broad St.Philadelphia, PA 19130
May 27, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Orientation or Training