DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Staff Writers for Military-Pet Nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: Dogs on Deployment
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Join the Dogs on Deployment team and help promote our mission assisting military and veteran families nationwide with help with their pets' care through fostering, advocacy and financial assistance. Dogs on Deployment is currently looking for STAFF WRITERS TO HELP US WRITE STORIES FOR THE NEWS, OUR BLOG AND NEWSLETTERS.
Dogs on Deployment is looking for a part-time volunteer to help us manage our writing projects! Currently, Dogs on Deployment is supported by a small, core group of volunteers. Volunteering for Dogs on Deployment will not only help our organization tremendously, but invites our new volunteer to develop your own skills and resume.
What we're looking for:
- A highly, self-motivated volunteer who understands and is familiar with Dogs on Deployment's mission!
- Ability to communicate clearly with an outgoing personality!
- Someone who can use their creativity to help promote Dogs on Deployment on a national level.
- Experience with creative and technical writing
- Word Press and newsletter software experience is a plus!
- Minimum 6 months volunteer position.
What the job will entail:
- Writing essay and narrative style pieces on Dogs on Deployment’s mission, initiatives and purpose for release to media sources
- Interviews DoD Boarders and Pet Owners about their experiences using Dogs on Deployment for blog posts on successes, experiences, advice and reunions on DoD’s blog
- Ghost-writes for actual DoD Volunteers to share personal stories of those positively affected by DoD’s mission
- Write at least one new blog to share monthly on topics related to DoD’s mission and activities
- Stay updated on recently added Pets in Need with unique stories, successful placements and upcoming reunions to get internal-coverage of stories to share on DoD’s blog and quarterly newsletter
- Put together stories for quarterly newsletter featuring highlights from the past 1-4 months of DoD’s activities
- Volunteer hours will be self-managed, with no minimum hours. Possibly up to 10 hours/week.
The benefits of volunteering:
Dogs on Deployment volunteer positions are non-paying. However, Dogs on Deployment is a fast-growing, successful non-profit with long-term goals for success and growth. Volunteer with us, and be supported by a wonderful team of individuals motivated behind a common purpose to support our military members. Be fulfilled daily knowing that your work is meaningful in the lives of so many military men and women. On a practical note, build your resume, receive a recommendation for future work for a job well done, and build relationships nationally with reporters and media contacts from several different media sources and locations!
How to apply:
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with STAFF WRITER VOLUNTEER in the subject line. Include a short (1-page or less) biography about you, your background and why our cause is important to you. References are welcomed!
1 More opportunity with Dogs on Deployment1 Review
About Dogs on Deployment
970 W Valley Parkway Box 667, Escondido, CA 92025, US
Our mission is to give America's Heroes peace of mind concerning their pets during their service commitments by providing them with the ability to find people and resources able to help them.
Dogs on Deployment is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit providing a central network for military members to find volunteers willing to board their pets while they are deployed or have other service commitments, making them unable to temporarily care for their pets. No pet should ever be surrendered to a shelter due to a military commitment. DoD exists to help military members keep their pets by alleviating the need for pet relinquishment from military members due to the hardships of deployments.
Additionally, Dogs on Deployment promotes responsible, life-long pet ownership in the military community by:
- Advocating for military pet owner rights on military installations
- Providing educational resources for military members about responsible pet ownership
- Granting financial assistance to military members for help with their pet's care during emergencies
- Promoting healthy pet lifestyles, including spay and neuter, insurance options and vaccinations
- Connecting with community organizations to ensure Dogs on Deployment resources are available to military families
Dogs on Deployment aids pets of all types that belong to active duty, reservists, guard, honorably discharged veterans and their families.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 1, 2023
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Reading / Writing
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- 6 months minimum