Goal of Position: Create a hospitable environment, while ensuring that the public gains the resources or answers requested. Help support Wallingford Community Senior Center, older adults, and their allies.
- Manage and answer the phones, screen calls, respond to inquiries, direct clients to various resources, and forward calls to staff when appropriate.
- Register interested participants for programs and services.
- Monitor daily sign-in sheets for participants and volunteers.
- Keep lobby, lounge and reception areas tidy and organized.
- Answer resource information questions as appropriate.
- Stay up-to-date on knowledge of staff roles, current programs and instructors.
- Help with calling ACCESS when van riders need assistance.
- Be aware of customers who might need assistance while at WCSC; alert staff as needed.
- Manage front-desk financial transactions; keep cash box secure.
- Make calls to community members about upcoming classes and events.
- Keep signage/fliers orderly and updated, and remove outdated fliers.
- May be asked to assist with arranging class and meeting room furniture.
- Dedication to customer service; ability to be welcoming and friendly
- Strong English communication skills; ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Flexibility; ability to "go with the flow"
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and internet/email a plus, but not required
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- If under 18, parental release form required.