Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care offers unique opportunities to share your heart and talents and make a difference for others at a sacred and special time in their lives.
Volunteers say that the personal benefits of personal and spiritual growth -- including a deeper appreciation for life -- are a natural outgrowth of this special work.
Requirements: At least 18 years of age. Able to commit to visiting once a week (exceiptions OK) and volunteer for at least one year.
Some ways that hospice volunteers make a difference in the lives of patients and their families:
- provide companionship (reading, playing or singing music, listening to life stories, playing cards, artwork and most importantly, being a caring presence)
- share your pets
- play music and share your musical talents
- provide alternative therapies, such as massage, aromatherapy, music, art and pet therapy
- assist in the hospice office
- craft blankets and other special items
Volunteers are the soul and heart of hospice. Please join us!
- Veteran Care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training