10 people are interested
Board member wanted
10 people are interested
Many Languages One Voice strives to maintain diversity, inclusion throughout the organization. The board of directors welcomes and encourages applications from immigrants, people of color, women and LGBTQ. We also encourage persons with a background in advocacy or organizing to apply.
Your roles will be centered around ensuring the transparency, financial sustainability, impact and growth of Many Languages One Voice. You will be asked to:
- Be aware of the systems, policies and issues that impact our members and growing community, such as inequity, economic justice, race and gender issues.
- Advocate for the nonprofit’s mission and members.
- Contribute to strategic planning.
- Have an interest in building diverse community relationships with foundations, corporate partners and community allies.
- Provide oversight over organizational assets.
- Mobilize your network for fundraising events.
- Give or raise a personal gift in an amount that is meaningful to you.
- Review annual budget, audit reports and impact metrics.
- Act as an ambassador of our organization at public events and in the media.
- Identify and recruiting other Board Member and volunteers.
- Contribute your individual talents and professional skills to our organization.
- Attend all meetings and an annual retreat.
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in legal, finance, business, philanthropy or government sector.
Individuals with knowledge and expertise in the areas of community organizing, advocacy, fundraising & development, communications and financial governance are welcome.
MLOV builds power with immigrant communities.
MLOV raises awareness about immigrant community challenges.
MLOV builds coalitions of support for immigrants.
Send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Many Languages One Voice
2437 15th Street NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20009, US
Many Languages One Voice (MLOV) fosters leadership and facilitates community-led initiatives to increase the meaningful inclusion and civic participation of people in the District of Columbia who do not speak English as their primary language in decisions that impact their lives. We approach this by using uniquely integrated strategies that raise awareness of, educate, consult with, advocate for and organize around the rights of the District’s limited and non-English speakers.
MLOV focuses on:
Community Organizing: Community organizing, which allows historically marginalized communities, such as the immigrant communities we work with, to develop an agenda that reflects their needs and build grassroots power. Ultimately, community organizing can yield lasting social, political and economic change. Our organizing work is currently concentrated on health and education justice;
Advocacy: Our community organizing and outreach informs us of the communities' needs, which we strive to focus on as we hold government accountable to the needs of all DC's residents;
Partnerships: Partnerships are vital to our work, and allow us to reach many new audiences for outreach; and
Outreach and Story-Collecting: MLOV both informs community members of their civil rights and shares their stories with a wider audience.
2437 15th Street NWWashington, DC 20009
October 23, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Immigration Law
- Project Management
- At least 4 hours per month