We help some of the thousands of UN sponsored refugees who have settled in Arizona learn to speak English so they can provide for their families, adapt to American culture, and become US citizens.
Volunteer "Encouragers" supplement software programs to help each student learn to speak English at his/her own pace and develop personal relationships.
Also during class, one of our Abounding Service leaders will initiate group conversation, teach a short lesson with vocabulary in a biblical context, and ask questions from the US citizenship test. We look forward to serving with you!
Have you ever thought, "I don't really know how to teach English and I don't know how to develop a relationship with someone who seems so different from me....But this sounds like something meaningful I would want to do! What does it take?"
- Can you read English and speak it clearly?
- Can you smile with an adult from another culture?
- Contact us to learn how to make a difference by encouraging adult refugee students as they learn to speak English using computer programs such as Rosetta Stone.
- Volunteer for a two-hour class per week and transform a student's life and your own as you get to know and enrich each other!
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Be able to hear and speak English clearly