Sarah’s Hope, Hannah More has opportunities for those in the community to bring in home-cooked dinners and fresh lunches for its residents. Meal donors can choose to either drop off the meal in advance or stay to serve it to shelter residents if there is availability. We typically serve 30 adults and 45 children at dinner, and for lunches we usually have 20 adults and 20 children. We have lunch Monday-Fridays and Lunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Volunteers can cook and donate food several ways:
- Schedule a day (only on weekends) to bring items to cook a hot meal (and possibly serve too!)
- Donate cooked casseroles that can be frozen and used for either inclement weather or when we don’t have volunteers
- Bake some delicious desserts to go with our donated dinners
- Donate healthy treats for our after-school snack time
- Pariticipate in a food drive in your neighborhood, school, church or other community group. There is a food drive sheet available as we no longer except canned vegetables because we use frozen and fresh.
You can either use your own recipes or take advantage of our cooking guide that includes sample recipes. This is a great project for an individual, family, youth group, social club, or other mid-large group of volunteers! Meals can be donated one time, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
For more information or to schedule your dropoff, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at the information below
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment