WHW provides the unemployed and the underemployed the skills and resources they need to get and keep a good job. Since 1993, WHW has served over 80,000 job seekers at no charge with 91 cents of every dollar donated going directly to our programs.
WHW Personal Stylists work with job seekers one on one helping them to select professional attire and accessories, assisting with fit, color choice and most importantly providing support and encouragement as they prepare for interviews and their new start at work. Personal Stylists assist job seekers with building a professional wardrobe by ensuring they select items that can be mixed and matched to create several outfits appropriate for the workplace. Personal Stylists also provide direction to job seekers on hairstyles, piercings, tattoos and other items that can affect their professional image. WHW Personal Stylists ensure that WHW job seekers look and feel empowered to attain and maintain employment success. All services are rendered with empathy and dignity so that each client finds comfort and support in their shopping experience here at WHW.
Major responsibilities include:
* Greet client as they enter the boutique
* Assist client in selecting clothing of appropriate size and fit
* Provide encouragement and advice as it relates to appropriate professional clothing
* Ensure that the client's intake is completed accurately
* Stock boutique items
* Identify items inappropriate for boutique that can be used for resale
* Create displays
* Keep boutique organized and neat
* Help clients with referrals to other agencies
*provide clients important information on WHW services and programs rewarding client's success