Latino Community Outreach Volunteers act as the face of the Alzheimer’s Association, representing the organization at community events and helping to grow our relationship with the Latino population.
As a Latino Community Outreach Volunteer, your role would be to staff tables at events and share information on our programs and services with visitors. Occasionally, you may be asked to make a short presentation appear on television/radio interviews to share information about the organization if you are comfortable. You would also assist in the development of collaborative relationships with organizations serving Hispanic/Latino communities throughout the Greater Sacramento area.
Training on Alzheimer's Association mission, services, programs, Alzheimer's disease and dementia, as well as best outreach practices will be provided.
Outreach events are ongoing and include opportunities in the evening and on weekends. Location of events vary and take place throughout the Greater Sacramento area.
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- One outreach event per quarter; 2-4 hours
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Media Relations Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Modesto Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Sacramento Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Helpline Volunteer
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Support Group Facilitator
- Community Educator
- The Longest Day Committee
- Become an Alzheimer's Advocate!
- Stanislaus Community Outreach...
- Help us end Alzheimer's!
- Latino Community Outreach...
- Sacramento Walk to End...
- San Joaquin Community Outreach...
- Medical Outreach Volunteer
- Stockton Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Fab 40's 5K Volunteer