Becoming We the People is a non-profit organization. We are an education based social justice promoting organization focused on initiatives that lead to the end of poverty, not just alleviation.
We are looking for an intern to assist with two specific initiatives in particular. One is the further building of our South Shore Toy Project and the other is the launching and building of our Family and Veteran Adoption program. See our website for information about both projects www.becomingwethepeople.org
As an intern with BWTP, you will get a good idea of how a non-profit runs, not just what it is like to work for one. We provide as much help and training as we can so this is a great experience for both you and us.
Working as an Intern for Becoming We the People:
- All of our interns are in a position to learn a lot. We work to develop your skills more than we focus on the work you do for us. We focus our internships on teaching you.
- You will have a lot of autonomy over your projects. You will get to develop ideas and see them through.
- It is an unpaid internship. We are a volunteer run organization, so no one gets paid. We do offer other perks though.
- This is a unique opportunity to use the skills you have developed in a non-profit environment.
- The schedule is flexible around your schedule, as reasonable.
- Our office is located in Highland, IN, but we are open to responsible remote interns. If you think you can self-manage, then we will work with you.
Possible Duties (may include some or all of these things):
- Send e-mails and call contacts.
- Contacting businesses and organizations to build our adoption program.
- Contacting businesses about Toy Drive initiatives.
- Fundraising activities: writing letters, making phone calls, organizing an online auction, etc.
- Daily postings to Twitter and Facebook, including interactive use of both.
- Developing flyers and press releases for events and sending them to appropriate contacts.
- Attending meetings and workshops when/if possible.
- Writing thank you letters.
- Research for our different projects.
- Making changes to websites
- Developing ideas to better accomplish the organization's goals.
- Scheduling meetings and workshops.
- Event planning
- Developing presentations for workshops.
- And more as they come up...your duties are continuously different and changing, so we need someone that is flexible.
- And more as they come up...
- Must have excellent researching skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must not be afraid to ask questions, especially questions that clarify details.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Drive/Docs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via phone, in-person, e-mail, and mail.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours per week.
- Office Management
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment