Join our team to put an end to preventable deaths and injuries of innocent children in and around vehicles. Contribute by helping enter data into our unique database which includes the following types of incidents;
- Children struck by vehicles in parking lots, driveways, alleys, or anywhere that is off the road (i.e. nontraffic incidents)
- Children left alone inside vehicles
- Children left alone inside vehicles that are stolen
- Children knocking vehicles into gear
- Trunk Entrapment
- Underage driving
- Power Window strangulation
Volunteers pull data from news articles provided by KidsAndCars.org and enter information into an Excel spread sheet using our database key as a guide to enter the required information. Volunteers may also be asked to do some simple searches via the internet for additional information on cases.
We are easy going and flexible. Volunteers decide how much time they are able to invest. Attention to detail and experience with data entry are desired. We look forward to working with you and helping save lives!
- Administrative Support
- Internet Research
- Database Administration
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, at least 10 hours per week prefered.
- Must be interested in long-term volunteer commitment