The ALS Association Michigan Chapter, in partnership with the Daniel and Pamella DeVos Foundation, present Nana's Run, a special 5k race held in Grand Rapids, MI on Saturday, May 5,2018. Nana’s Run is the creation of the event chairpersons, Cassandra and Sydney DeVos. The race is a tribute to their beloved maternal grandmother Char VanderLaan, affectionately called Nana, who passed away on March 7, 2014 after battling Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Since Nana VanderLaan was diagnosed with ALS in October 2013, the DeVos granddaughters have made a commitment to raise awareness about the disease and to raise funds that will support patient and physician education, ALS patients and their families, and ongoing research within Michigan.
- The setup of the race (set up of equipment, tables, chairs, and other items; mark the course with appropriate directional and mile marker signs)
- The setup and organization of registration materials and t-shirts
- The information desk (help participants with questions and provide directional assistance)
- The setup and distribution of water on courses
- The tear down and clean-up
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training