crees is a leading Educational Centre located in the Amazon Rainforest. We offer six month internships which are designed to help recent graduates, and career breakers develop specific career skills in Conservation Research and Project Management. Interns gain a wealth of knowledge and experience in scientific monitoring techniques and conservation research in a tropical forest. You also get the opportunity to work with local communities creating biogardens and agroforestry plots, which enable local people to live sustainably and in harmony with the forest. The internship is split into three phases. A 10 week volunteer phase where you will be introduced to all our projects and receive extensive training. A 2 week Cusco phase that involves a week of Spanish lessons and a homestay with a Peruvian family, followed by a free week to do as you wish. And a 12 week Work placement phase where you will gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in Conservation Research. You will act as a field team member and will run your own project (assigned by the intern coordinator).
Skills you will gain:
* Knowledge and experience of a range of scientific monitoring techniques including camera trapping, visual encounter surveys, butterfly trapping, mammal and bird clay lick monitoring, mammal track identification, avian mist netting, amphibian and reptile pitfalling and lots more!
* Gain valuable leadership and management skills through running your own project
* Biological survey planning
* Assessment of risk and supervision of health and safety in the field
* Data management
* Species identification
* Handling and processing of specimens including amphibians, butterflies and reptiles
* Environmental impact assessment
* Emergency first aid training and certification
For further information please visit our website: http://www.crees-manu.org/internship/ and please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about our current OFFER!
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 months