crees is a leading Educational Centre located in the Amazon Rainforest. We offer Volunteer Placements working on Conservation Research projects. Volunteers will gain a wealth of knowledge and experience in scientific monitoring techniques and conservation research in a tropical forest environment. You may also get the opportunity to work with local communities creating biogardens and agroforestry plots to empower local people to live sustainably and in harmony with the forest. You can volunteer from 2 - 12 weeks.
What you will gain from your experience:
* Extensive training across all of our Conservation Projects
* Knowledge and experience of a variety scientific monitoring techniques including camera trapping, visual encounter surveys, butterfly trapping, mammal and bird clay lick monitoring, mammal track identification, avian mist netting, amphibian and reptile pitfalling and lots more!
* Species Identification - you will learn to identify common species of mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and butterflies.
* How to handle and take measurements from Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds and Butterflies
* Emergency First Aid Response
For further information please visit our website: http://www.crees-manu.org/volunteer/ and please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about our current OFFER!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-12 weeks