Our hospice patients have a lifetime of memories they are waiting to share with you and are ready to make new ones with you, as well. Our Volunteer Department will provide you an engaging, empowering training to prepare you to serve our patients.
* Share memories at the Horizon Hospice In-Patient Unit in Mequon (located on the second floor of Columbia St. Mary's Hospital, Ozaukee). Volunteers serve a consistent weekday schedule of 2 - 4 hours a week.
* Assist nurses with direct patient cares (i.e. feeding, repositioning and/or transporting patients in wheelchairs), exchange laughter, sit and enjoy beautiful music, listen, offer respite to the tired caregiver, etc.
* Hospice Companions also make sure that there is fresh coffee, pastries, and flowers in the unit. They take care of the important details that help to make our patients and families feel like home.
PLEASE LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER THAT WE CAN BEST REACH YOU AT!
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Hospice Volunteers Offer Comfort...
- Greeter at our Corporate Office
- Media Marketing Internship
- Our hospice patients love MUSIC...
- Need experience in hospitals?...
- Hospice Companions Impact the...
- Our Clients are Hungry! Deliver...
- Make their final hours their best
- Give Back to our Community as a...
- Welcome Horizon's Guests!
- Large need for Meals on Wheels...
- Administrative volunteers make a...