Reporting to the Executive Director, the Young Mothers INC Director of Communications is responsible for creating, reviewing and editing all communications, websites and public relations messages to consistently articulate the mission statement of Young Mothers INC. The Director of Communications is the voice of Young Mothers INC and should maintain a consistent message throughout the various forms of communication. Furthermore, the Director of Communications works closely with senior peer groups within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Manage the brand and reputation of Young Mothers INC
- Help to ensure that the Young Mothers INC’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization
- Ensure the organization and participants view Young Mothers INC favorably
- Review and edit press releases and marketing campaigns arranged by the Social Media Coordinator
- The go-to person for editorial direction, design and production and distribution of all Young Mothers INC documents and publications
- Coordinate the appearance of all Young Mothers INC print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo(s), brochures, etc.
- Update and maintain the Young Mothers INC main website, the Young Mothers INC events website and the Young Mothers INC Just Listen Campaign website
- Create fillable PDF forms for Young Mothers INC’s various programs
- Participate in monthly conference calls
- A college education or two years of editorial experience
- Editorial experience a plus, with an ability to maintain the "voice" of an organization
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with fillable forms a plus (PDF or Word Documents)
- Familiarity with editing and manipulating website content, preferably WIX.com
- High energy individual who is quick to learn; an individual that can successfully sift through ambiguity and is capable and willing to ask for clarification when needed
- Highly collaborative team member
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- A mature leader with the ability to provide constructive feedback to other Young Mothers INC leaders in order to maintain professional goals and the Young Mothers INC brand
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and entrepreneurially; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Please visit youngmothersinc.com to learn more about our non-profit organization!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 4 hours per week
- Fashion Make Up Interns Needed
- Marketing Director Needed ASAP
- Intern your way to Your Dream Job
- Volunteer Opportunity: Blogger...
- Fashion Model Interns Needed
- Fashion Photographer Intern...
- Fashion Design Intern Needed
- Fashion Design Project Needs...
- Healthy Eating Workshop Needs...
- Fashion Social Media Coordinator...
- Mobile App Designer Volunteer...
- Nonprofit Grant Writer Volunteer
- Fashion Design Internship Virtual
- Social Media Coordinator for...
- Event Planner needed asap!
- Social Media Intern
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Website Design Manager
- Career Workshop Needs...
- Business Outreach Coordinator