Guizhou Forerunner College (GFC) is a non-profit college in China, founded to bestow practical, high quality education for under-served students in Guizhou Province. We provide three years of low-to-no-cost higher education for students in vocational fields.
Our mission is to educate and support poor, outstanding students in acquiring employment and overcoming poverty for themselves and their families. With the motto: "Integrity, Love, Nobility," we strive to cultivate these characteristics in students while encouraging personal and economic growth.
Funded by VIA Faith-Hope-Love Foundation, GFC officially opened on September 15, 2011.
GFC seeks enthusiastic Volunteer Teachers to:
- Support a progressive, world-class college for ethnic minorities and the visually impaired
- Promote education quality and equality in western regions of China, including teacher training for local primary and middle school English teachers.
- Teach underprivileged but outstanding students in Guizhou Province
- Enhance a student-centered learning environment
- Foster an English speaking atmosphere
- Collaborate with Marriott Hotels, HTC, Tangwawa, Baidu, and other partners to provide a vibrant and diverse residential vocational learning community
- Contribute unique talents and, in return, be enriched by the Chinese and local minority culture
- Conduct training sessions for GFC students, GFC staff and volunteers about Early Education
- Child Development
- Child Care
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 1 year