HIGHEST NEED: Weekday Availability. Volunteers are required to be able to commit to a fixed schedule of the same, consistent day each week for no less than six months.
Volunteer behind the scenes at the New England Aquarium! Collect water samples from various marine mammal, penguin and fish exhibits. Assist with the chemical & microbiological analysis of those and other water samples under the supervision of the water quality technical staff. Volunteer will be utilizing several techniques to analyze fresh and salt water, including pH meters, spectrophotometers and titrations.
To Apply: Visit serve.neaq.org and create a volunteer account. Once registered you can search and apply for available opportunities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Rescue and Rehabilitation...
- New England Aquarium live blue...
- Animal Health Laboratory Volunteer
- Visitor Education Volunteer
- Aquarist Volunteer - Quincy...
- Water Quality Analyst Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Dive Volunteer...
- Aquarist Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Volunteer (Weekday...
- Penguin Colony Volunteer