Are you a shutterbug? Is your bag always heavy because there's a camera in there? Do you LOVE San Francisco? Then Rebuilding Together San Francisco needs your help!
1. OUTLINE OF ROLE Volunteer photographers are a part of our National Rebuilding Day (the last Saturday of April) and/or our Fall Rebuilding Day (the last Saturday of October) by photographing our project volunteers, sponsors, and beneficiaries. Some photographers, based on individual availability and our organization's need, might also be asked to take before and after photos of our project sites. Take 25 spectacular pictures at three or four project sites and then send them to us! Simple as that.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS Willingness to adhere to our specific photographic needs (i.e. specific necessary shots) Donating your photographs for use in our promotional material Participating in a fun team atmosphere Traveling (however possible) between project sites Photo-editing capability
3. QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE A passion for helping people and the San Francisco community Experience with photography professionally or as a serious hobby Own your own photography equipment Strong interpersonal skills Flexibility regarding on-site job assignments
4. TIME COMITTMENT: A total of 15-20 hours, including-- One full day of work, typically from 8:00 am- 4:00pm on a Saturday at various project sites (once or twice a year, depending on your involvement!) Time to select and edit best photos Delivering or mailing a physical copy of all selected photos to Pier 28
5. BENEFITS OF SERVICE: Providing much needed updates and repairs to a deserving family or in-need non-profit! Getting to know other volunteers from all over the city in an exciting team setting Helping to make San Francisco a healthier, safer environment for all citizens
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment