- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
153 people are interested
The internship is with the Office of Community Affairs at the City of Orlando. This intern will serve as a Garden Guide.
- NO PRIOR GARDENING KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Work with 4th and 5th grade students
- Attend bi weekly garden sessions & engage with small groups
- Help students plant and maintain their container gardens
- Provide positive reinforcement & encouragement
- Use gardening as a vehicle for imparting life lessons
- Encourage students towards careers in environmental science and agriculture
- Learn about gardening alongside the students.
No gardening experience required. This is an after-school program, with once-a-week sessions for 10 weeks.
Sessions run from 3:30-5:30Requirements: · Must be of 18 years of age and over · Must pass criminal background check · Must be able to attend volunteer orientation/training · Work a minimum of 10 hours a week · Must coordinate own transportation to and from City Hall and community centers The Garden is an after-school program, with twice-a-month sessions. Sessions run between 3:00pm - 5:30pm during week. Interns will · Create own schedules · Attend professional development trainings led by City of Orlando staff · Take professional head shots upon completion of internship If interested, please email your resume to Nancy Flores, Orlando Cares Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 407.246.3507 with questions.
We'll work with your schedule.
City of Orlando local community centersOrlando, FL 32802
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- once a week for 1-2 hours, a 10-week program